European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
To support our Management Board, the Development & Operations Division (DO Division) and the secretariat team we are now looking for a
Secretary to the Management Board and the Development & Operations Division (f/m/d)
- secretarial assistance to one of the scientific directors and two department heads, including preparation of correspondence and documents, calendar maintenance, meeting scheduling, travel management, translations German/English, preparation of presentations
- organization, preparation and follow-up of committee meetings, workshops, conferences, high-level visits and meetings: catering organization, hotel bookings, website maintenance, registrations, announcements, and assistance during the meetings
- support DO Division workflow and communication by developing new tools or processes as required
- identify and recommend process improvements for the DO Division and implement new processes in collaboration with other key stakeholders
- general assistance to the Management Board and completion of ad-hoc projects
- administration of contacts and mailing lists
- maintain the secretariat, Management Board and DO Division sites in the document management system
- support of and stand in for other colleagues in the secretariat team
- completed education as foreign language assistant (or equivalent qualification)
- work experience in similar positions within a demanding, international work environment
- excellent skills in standard office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- proactive, team and service-oriented behaviour
- well organized, independent, reliable, with team spirit and commitment
- very good communication skills in English are mandatory; knowledge of German is considered an asset; willingness to work in a diverse team of international colleagues
- proven expertise in working under pressure and with deadlines
For additional information, please contact Nicole Elleuche (email@example.com) .
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Become part of a vibrant international and multi-cultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, as well as subsidized job-tickets and meals at our company restaurant. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
Reference number: A-166
Duration: This appointment is limited to 1.5 years. An extension might be possible and is subject to a later decision.
Deadline: 03 January 2021
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, as well as your work certificates in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants. The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
To apply for this job please visit 122.rexx-server.com.