CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
The Instrumentation Services and Development Division (ISDD) is responsible for the development, design, construction and support of instrumentation at the ESRF, for both the beamlines and the accelerator complex.
The Detector & Electronics Group provides advice, support, facilities, development capabilities and standard components in the area of detectors and electronic instrumentation for internal clients, and external clients when appropriate. Inside the group, the Electronics Unit (EU) provides consulting, support and development capabilities in the area of electronics required for detectors, beamline instrument control, accelerator control, data acquisition and alike. The team designs and produces optimised electronics and maintains a stock of standard components, developed in-house or selected from the commercial marketplace.
Your missions will be to develop projects and programmes of strategic importance for the ESRF, in collaboration with other ESRF teams and establish a sound structure for efficient development and integration of innovative instrumentation.
Your main tasks will be the following:
- Develop electronics for instrumentation and data acquisition on new detection systems, conceived to meet the future needs of the ESRF experimental stations (beamlines) and the accelerator complex. Investigate and promote new system architectures
- Act as project manager for technical projects
- Act as the technical reference person for the development of complex digital systems FPGA based within the team of developers
- Promote and maintain a high level of expertise in digital electronics, FPGA development and associated tools. Foster the use of common tools, common architectures and design methods for FPGA design
- You should hold a Higher university degree (Master or equivalent diploma offering 300 ECTS) in Electronics or a related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in digital electronics design and FPGA programming
- In-depth knowledge of digital electronics design, FPGA programming and related tools
- Strong skills and background in application of computing tools -including technical programming- for electronics and scientific instrumentation
- Experience in high-speed data processing and data transmission
- Familiarity with technical project management
- Good interpersonal skills are essential to integrate into a multidisciplinary and international team.
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.