Lund University, MAX IV , Engineering
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is a Swedish national large-scale research laboratory hosted by Lund University. It provides scientists from Sweden as well as internationally, with state-of-the-art instrumentation for research in areas such as engineering, physics, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually, conducting ground-breaking experiments in materials and life sciences using the brilliant X-ray light.
The mechanical design team
The mechanical design team is part of Engineering I group and responsible for providing support to all MAX IV and its users, the main tasks done by the team are: mechanical design work, feasibility studies, mechanical and thermal simulations, support during design review meetings with the suppliers and procurement of mechanical parts. The team is consisting of designers and engineers who have outstanding experience in designing complicated and challenging parts for the machine and the beamlines.
Would you like to work at the brightest lightsource in the world?
MAX IV are looking for a mechanical designer, who will provide innovative solutions for the MAX IV scientists and engineers. You will contribute to the science produced at MAX IV through your solutions and designs.
Your main work tasks will be
- Producing mechanical designs based on input from machine and beamline engineers and scientists
- Apply and follow up the general design standards as well as MAX IV standards, in relation of ultra-high vacuum, stability, precision mechanism and general design of scientific equipment.
- Produce preliminary designs, conceptual designs, layouts, detailed assembly drawings, installation drawings and manufacturing drawings
- Participation in the design review meetings for beamlines and machine projects.
- Performing FEA and mechanical studies for proposed designs, or per need for machine and beamlines.
- Procurement of the mechanical parts from suppliers, or requests to MAX IV mechanical workshop.
- Participate in the maintenance of the design software.
To be successful in this role you need to have the following qualifications
- Education in mechanical engineering or related field.
- At least 10 years’ experience in mechanical designs: studies, 3D modelling, parts design, assembly, etc.
- At least 5 years’ experience in mechanical design for particle accelerators.
- At least 5 years’ Experience in design for Ultra High Vacuum applications, cryogenic, high temperature, FEA, fine mechanics and high precision.
- Experience with 3D CAD SOLIDWORKS, SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional.
- Experience with design, design review and interaction with mechanical workshops and suppliers.
- Technical understanding and ability to propose solutions.
- Good command in spoken and written English.
As a person you are creative, quality conscious, service minded, problem solving analytical ability and have the ability to cooperate.
What we offer
When you join our MAX IV family, you step into a world of front edge science. We make the invisible visible by supporting scientist from all over the world, generating scientific results for the benefit of society. We offer you a multicultural work environment with great opportunities for personal development with respect for a healthy work-life balance.
Would you like to work in a challenging and supporting environment? Then join us and take the opportunity to make a real difference!
For further information, please visit:
Probationary period may apply.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As per agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||17.May.2021 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.varbi.com.