The Accelerator Systems Engineering team plays a key role in the design, procurement and installation of the electron accelerators that provide the light to the Beamlines. The Accelerators comprise of a system of magnets, RF system, vacuum vessels to Ultra High Vacuum standards, cooling systems and diagnostics.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Mechanical Project Engineer to join the Accelerators Systems Engineering team in leading the continued development and innovation of equipment that enables world class applied research to be performed at Diamond.
The successful candidate will manage a team designing, building and installing a range of complex devices and should have skills and experience in some or all of the following:
- Ability to take a pro-active lead in the delivery of a range of projects interacting closely with scientific and engineering staff.
- Able to plan, manage and coordinate resources.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Experience in designing, manufacturing and testing high stability, high resolution systems
- Experience using ANSYS for thermal, structural, and vibration analysis
- Ability to analyse problems in a methodical manner.
- Experience in the design of Ultra High Vacuum systems
- Approval of designs produced using 3D and 2D CAD particularly CREO/Windchill and AUTOCAD
- Ability to Lead Hazard and Risk Assessment analysis and pursue solutions to mitigate risks
- Experience in maintaining technical files in accordance with the requirements of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
If you have an Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline and suitable experience, an excellent grasp of engineering principles enjoy interaction with leading scientists and an interest in systems this vacancy will be of interest to you.
To apply for this job please visit vacancies.diamond.ac.uk.