The Swedish Institute (https://si.se/en/) is funding scholarships for training and exchange at MAX IV Laboratory in Sweden. The Scholarships are open for scientists, engineers and PhD students active at or in relation with SESAME to spend 3-6 months in Sweden.
The aim of the program is to develop the scientific activities around SESAME and the laboratory itself. At the MAX IV Laboratory the scientific program is running and new beamlines are under commissioning. By providing the possibility to join a group in Sweden, knowledge and experience can be exchanged. This relates to training in the use of Synchrotron Radiation, the design/build-up/commissioning of beamlines, and operation, installation and development of the accelerator systems.
The program is run in collaboration between Lund University, Uppsala University, MAX IV Laboratory and the Swedish Institute.
Please note: the scholarships are NOT intended for regular beamtime at MAX IV.
The program will start in the spring 2020.
Total available funding for this call is: 436.500 SEK (» 42 000 €)
Scholarships (100 SEK ~ 10 €)
- 3-6 months
- PhD students 15 000 SEK/month (level of 2019)
- Scientists 18 500 SEK/month (level of 2019)
- Travel allowance 15 000 SEK/scholarship holder
- The stay in Sweden has to be completed by 1 December 2021
Eligible to apply
- Research and activity towards SESAME
- Citizen of Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Pakistan, Palestine or Turkey.
How to apply
The application period will open spring 2020 and applications should be filed at: Application page
The application should contain the following documents in PDF format:
- Main application including a project plan (approx 2 pages)
- Publication list
- References (name and email)
The application will be evaluated and scholarships awarded according to the criteria below. Consider these carefully when preparing the application.
- Plan showing how the training is connected to SESAME
- Project within relevant field
- Scientific qualifications
- Scientific references
- Project possible in Sweden and a suitable research group available
- Project plan and goal with the stay
- Ambition and possibility to develop projects towards SESAME
- An equal gender balance among the scholarship holders
Dowload the describing document.
For additional information please contact:
To apply for this job please visit www.maxiv.lu.se.