Join the ESRF, the European Synchrotron!
The ESRF, the European Synchrotron, is an international science facility based in Grenoble, France. Thanks to its high-level, innovative engineering and cutting-edge vision, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research institutions worldwide, welcoming more than 6 500 scientists every year in fields such as biology, medicine, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials and surface science, and physics. The ESRF is supported by 22 countries and employs 650 staff.
You will join a team of 12 engineers and technicians in charge of the development and maintenance of the Accelerator Control system, distributed over several hundred computer hosts and embedded systems.
Your missions are:
- Develop and maintain device servers using the TANGO distributed controls framework and provide technical support to users
- Develop and maintain some low-level software for Linux embedded systems and provide technical support to users
- Provide day-to-day support for the ESRF accelerator control system software
- Take charge of the development, maintenance and support of the Radio-Frequency systems control software and the stepper motor controls for the new accelerator ring
- Participate in on-call service duty
You may have to spend up to 10% of your working time doing shiftwork in the control room as part of the continuous operation of the installation.
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You should hold a Technical/Academic degree (Bachelor or equivalent diploma worth at least 120 ECTS) in industrial computing systems and/or embedded systems.
- 1 to 5 years of professional experience
- Skills in Linux-based embedded systems and distributed systems
- C++ and java programming skills
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills for providing effective technical support
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The annual gross salary will be within the range 25 – 30 k€ and additional allowances may apply (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by 01/10/2018.