The Consortium for Construction, Equipment and Exploitation of the Synchrotron Light Laboratory (CELLS) is looking for a Software Engineer for the Management Information Systems Section in the Computing Division. CELLS is jointly funded by the Spanish Government through its Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades (Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities) and the Generalitat de Catalunya (Catalan Autonomous Government) through its Departament d’Empresa i Coneixement (Ministry of Business and Knowledge).
The ALBA accelerator has been in operation since 2011. It has a 3 GeV power and a length of 258 m. Its objective is to supply synchrotron light to eight fully operational experimental lines. Five new experimental lines are currently being built.
The Management Information Systems Section consists of 9 staff members. The section is part of the Computing division with its 63 staff members.
CELLS is involved in different work packages (WP) of the ExPaNDS project. This project is funded by the UE through H2020-INFRAEOSC-2018-2020 call and has an estimated finish deadline of the 31st of August 2022. We offer you a temporary position to carry out some of the tasks assigned to this project and being a part of the Management Information Systems section, part of the Computing Division, with its 63 staff members.
This position is reserved for those applicants that legally have a degree of disability equal to or more than 33%. In case that there would not be candidates with these declared disabilities the rest of candidatures will be evaluated.
- Contribute to the deployment and support of the Data Catalogue at ALBA (ICAT);
- Integrate ALBA’s Data Catalogue to the EOSC hub, using existing platform, such as OpenAIRE and B2FIND;
- Within the European Horizon 2020 project ExPaNDs, integrate the User Office portal with the Data Catalogue;
- Develop and deploy Persistent Identifier System, including its web portal for hosting Data sets PID and make them accessible and downloadable;
- Evolve previous CALIPSOplus project Data Analysis as a Service proof of concept;
- Integrate the standard technologies developed by the MIS section;
- The candidate will join the Management Information Systems Section in the Computing division and will take part of the scrum teams within the section;
- Other tasks and activities related to Work Package 3 (Data Catalogue) and Work Package 4 (Data Analysis services) are foreseen.
Computing Engineer or previous experience with proven similar technological capacities. To be considered as an asset:
- Experience in back end development frameworks, such as Django or J2EE (Spring, SpringBoot);
- Experience in front end development frameworks, such as AngularJS, Angular, ReactJS or VueJS;
- Knowledge of SQL (e.g. MySQL);
- Experience in Continuous Integration (Jenkins).
In addition, it will also be valued
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Redis, MongoDB);
- Knowledge in Agile development, especially Scrum;
- Experience in Unit Testing;
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (Jenkins);
- Experience in containers (Docker) and the use of virtualization tools for development (e.g. Vagrant) will be valued;
- Experience in information systems integration, using REST APIs;
- Experience in Service management, following the ITIL best practices, will be valued. (Jira and Confluence)
- Sense of responsibility and ability to work both alone and as a team;
- Analytic ability to understand needs and translate them into technical solutions is considered an asset;
- Adaptability in an international and multidisciplinary environment;
- Knowledge of English, orally and writing, is essential.
To apply for this job please visit public.cells.es.