CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
As part of a team of 10 engineers and technicians, you will participate in the development, the maintenance and the support of the Accelerator Control System. This control system is distributed over several hundreds of computer hosts and embedded systems and its implementation is based on the Tango Controls toolkit.
Your missions will be:
- Design, develop, maintain and support software for the accelerator control system. Your main task will be to maintain and extend software components representing their hardware counterpart for various sub-systems of the accelerator
- Collaborate with the physicists and equipment engineers to define and develop various feedback algorithms and high level user interfaces
- Participate in the maintenance and evolution of the Tango Controls toolkit
- Participate in the on-call service duty and/or shift work up to 10% of the working time
- You should hold a Higher university degree (Master, or equivalent) in Computing Science, Software engineering, Applied Mathematics or related areas
- Minimum 3 years experience as software engineer
- Strong skills in object-oriented software architecture and large distributed systems
- Good experience in project and software management techniques, quality insurance, open-source code projects, git, unit testing, packaging, and deployment techniques
- Knowledge and experience with embedded software technologies would be considered as an advantage
- Good communication skills are fundamental to interact with people of different skills including physicists, equipment specialists and electronic engineers, for specifying and commissioning of the software
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF); knowledge of French will be useful
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Apply now for your next professional adventure!
What we offer:
- Be inspired by our innovative research institute, with an international workforce from 38 different countries
- Collaborate with global experts on real-world science
- Come and live in a vibrant city, in the heart of the Alps, and Europe’s Green Capital 2022
- Enjoy a workplace designed to support your quality of life
- Benefit from our competitive compensation and allowances package, including financial support for your relocation to Grenoble
For further information on employment terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.esrf.fr/home/Jobs/what-we-offer.html
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.