Limited: 2 years | Starting date: earliest possible | ID: FSMA050/2021 | Deadline: 31.08.2021 | Full-time/Part-time
DESY, with its more than 2700 employees at its two locations in Hamburg and Zeuthen, is one of the world’s leading research centres. Its research focuses on decoding the structure and function of matter, from the smallest particles of the universe to the building blocks of life. In this way, DESY contributes to solving the major questions and urgent challenges facing science, society and industry. With its ultramodern research infrastructure, its interdisciplinary research platforms and its international networks, DESY offers a highly attractive working environment in the fields of science, technology and administration as well as for the education of highly qualified young scientists.
Looking back on a long tradition in research with synchrotron radiation, DESY is one of the leading centres in the field of photon science worldwide. With the storage ring PETRA III and the Free-ElectronLaser, DESY offers a unique combination of photon sources to the scientific community. PETRA III, one of the most brilliant hard X-ray facilities worldwide, currently provides 20 undulator beamlines for experiments utilizing he extreme source brilliance.
The High-throughput Macromolecular Crystallography beamline P11 is a highly automatized instrument running mainly under remote operations, allowing worldwide full time access to the beamline even during the COVID pandemic. However, the infrastructure is not adapted to the tracking of regular shipments and the easy access to archived metadata. To establish this, the implementation of ISPyB (Information System for Protein CrystallographY Beamlines) is intended. ISPyB is a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) combining sample tracking and experiment reporting at synchrotron beamlines.
- Familiarizing with various implementations of ISPyB and other data management systems, establishing contacts with all entities involved at DESY and outside.
- Implementation of shipment tracking in collaboration with User office and developers of the User Portal (Door).
- Implementation of ISPyB at P11, connecting with beamline graphical user interface and storage system.
- lmplementatio of DESY specific developments to ISPyB workflow (such as serial crystallography with tapedrive).
- Participation to ISPyB consortium meetings
Look forward to a unique working environment on our international research campus. We attach particular importance to appreciative cooperation and the well-being of our DESY employees. Gender equality is an important aspect for us. To support work life balance we offer flexible working hours, variable part-time and job-sharing. You will benefit from our family-friendly and collegial atmosphere, our established health management and occupational pension provision. As a public employer, we offer you a secure workplace and facilitate your individual career with our comprehensive training and development opportunities. Remuneration is according to the regulations of the TV AVH.
- Engineering degree (Master) in data science, information technology or related field
- Vast experience in python programming and database technologies
- Familiarity with git version control system and German language are advantages
- Working experience at a sychrotron source, especially at macromolecular crystallography beamlines, is an asset
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
For further information please contact Dr. Johanna Hakanpää at +49 40 8998-5756, (email@example.com).
Please kindly submit your complete application documents including your salary expectations.
We look forward to receiving your application via our application portal:
DESY promotes equal opportunities and diversity. The professional development of women is very important to us and therefore we strongly encourage women to apply for the vacant position. Applications from severely disabled persons will be given preference if they are equally qualified.
You can find further information here:
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Phone: +49 40 8998-3392
To apply for this job please visit v22.desy.de.