DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics.
In Hamburg, DESY also operates synchrotron radiation beamlines in a wide range of applications. The bio-imaging and diffraction beamline P11 provides high flux densities for fast 3D structure determination of biological samples. The experiments are controlled via the SCADA-System TANGO through a heterogeneous network of Windows and Unix machines, motion controllers, PLCs and other embedded devices. Choosing different data collection methods, parametrisation of the collection runs, auto-evaluation of the gathered data as well as visualisation of the results is made easy by a graphical user interface. To harmonise experiment environments for the user community, we are seeking for a software engineer to replace the existing user interface by a new worldwide standard.
• Software development for the P11 crystallography endstation in close collaboration with beamline scientists and engineers
• Adaptation of an existing program to new hardware and software interfaces
• Implementation of remote access control at beamline P11
• Participation in experiments using the newly developed software Requirements
• Dipl.-Ing. (FH) or Bachelor/ Master in computer sciences, applied informatics or similar direction or equivalent degree
• Advanced skills in concurrent and distributed programming in Python and C/C++
• Profound knowledge of software architecture, design and development • Familiar with revision control systems (SVN/Git)
• Experience with UNIX based systems
• Good oral and written communication skills in English
• Teamwork abilities
• Knowledge of control engineering or electrical engineering would be helpful
For further information please contact Jan Meyer +49-40-8998-5773.
The position is limited to 2 years.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classiﬁcation is based upon qualiﬁcations and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time-work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be ﬁlled with part-time employees.
We are looking forward to your application quoting the reference code preferably via our electronic application System: Online-Application
To apply for this job please visit www.desy.de.