The ESRF, the European Synchrotron, is an international science facility based in Grenoble, France. Thanks to its high-level, innovative engineering and cutting-edge vision, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research institutions worldwide, welcoming more than 6 500 scientists every year in fields such as biology, medicine, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials and surface science, and physics. The ESRF is supported by 22 countries and employs 650 staff.
We are currently seeking to recruit a:
Software Engineer for Data Analysis As a Service (DaaS), Time-limited position (3 years maximum)
The ESRF is deeply involved in a European project to develop infrastructure for implementing Data Analysis As a Service (DaaS). The production of scientific data is evolving significantly both in complexity and in volume implying a significant change in the way data are handled today. That implies new paradigms in the way data are analyzed too. You will work in close collaboration with software engineers working on data analysis, system administration and databases, and will interact with scientists and users to assess and address their needs in data analysis.
Your missions are the following:
- implement a facility level notebook (like JupyterLab) providing external users with access to data, computing resources and web-based tools needed for their science
- provide on-demand data analysis instance
- assist in encapsulating data analysis applications for easy deployment (locally & in the cloud)
- link the ESRF web data portal to on-line reduction and analysis of large data sets
- develop web front ends for those developments
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent 300 ECTS diploma) in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or equivalent
- 1 to 5 years of professional experience
- Practical knowledge of the UNIX world
- Knowledge in virtualization, docker, Jupyter notebook, packaging, will be strong assets
- Team spirit and service-oriented attitude
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
The annual gross salary will be within the range 32k€ – 40 k€ and additional allowances may apply.
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
Applications will be examined as they are received.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by 12/02/2018.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://esrf.profilsearch.com/recrute/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=586 →