- Job title: Software Engineer for Data Management
- Ref.: 8202
- Contract type: Permanent contract
- Salary range: 35-45K€
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
In a team of 50 engineers and technicians, you will be part of the team dedicated to modern data management at the ESRF. In the context of the ESRF upgrade programme, the production of scientific data will evolve significantly both in complexity and in volume implying a significant change in the way data is handled. You will work in close collaboration with software engineers working on databases, beamline control and data analysis, and will interact with scientists and users to assess and address their needs in data management. You will help implement the ESRF data policy following the FAIR principles.
Your missions are the following:
- participate in the implementation and maintenance of the ESRF data policy on all beamlines
- contribute to the development and maintenance of the electronic logbook
- participate in the storing and searching of scientific metadata for experiments
- implement a high speed download service for both, closed and open data and metadata
- link the ESRF data portal to the on-line reduction and analysis of large data sets
- maintain and extend the functionality of the existing metadata management (ICAT) and LIMS (ISPyB) solutions
- participate in the software solutions associated to the logistics of the experiments (sample tracking, remote access etc.)
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent diploma offering 300 ECTS) in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or equivalent
- 2 to 8 years of professional experience
- Strong skills in Web technologies and databases (mongoDB and SQL) is mandatory.
- Good to high knowledge of the REACT framework.
- Basic to good knowledge of Maven, ActiveMQ and Camel.
- Familiarity working on a Linux environment
- Good communication and team spirit.
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.