CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
Structural Biology is one of the most important family of techniques at the ESRF, both for academic and industrial users, and this will be further enhanced by the operation of the ID29 beamline for serial crystallography. Due to the constant evolution of X-ray crystallography techniques, including the recent introduction of Cryo-EM, and the demand of the user community for automated data processing algorithms as well as efficient and friendly pipelines, these must be constantly upgraded to guarantee a state-of-the-art user experience and scientific output.
You will drive software developments for structural biology at ESRF, notably in the field of synchrotron serial crystallography (SSX). An objective will be to implement and automate data analysis algorithms to merge ‘big’ SSX datasests for macromolecular structure determination. You will also explore new avenues in analysis using novel algorithms e.g. using machine learning approaches.
You will also participate and lead large collaborative projects (e.g. ISpyB, cloud-based data analysis) for state-of-the-art data processing pipelines mainly in the field of structural biology.
The work will take place in the Algorithms & scientific Data Analysis group, in close collaboration with the structural biology group beamlines. Further information about the post can be obtained from Vincent Favre-Nicolin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You hold a Higher university degree (Master or equivalent diploma offering 300 ECTS) in Biology, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Science or similar area
- Experience in the field of structural biology computational science, including participation of collaborative project developments
- Extensive programming skills in Python are mandatory
- A strong background in natural sciences or mathematics is of advantage
- Curiosity and good communication skills are required, so that you may interact with scientists with different techniques and beamlines.
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Apply now for your next professional adventure!
What we offer:
- Be inspired by our innovative research institute, with an international workforce from 38 different countries
- Collaborate with global experts on real-world science
- Come and live in a vibrant city, in the heart of the Alps, and Europe’s Green Capital 2022
- Enjoy a workplace designed to support your quality of life
- Benefit from our competitive compensation and allowances package, including financial support for your relocation to Grenoble
For further information on employment terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.esrf.fr/home/Jobs/what-we-offer.html
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.