Context & Job description
The ESRF is deeply involved in the European project PaNOSC, which aims to develop infrastructure for implementing Data Analysis as a Service and Open Science. In research centres across the globe, the production of scientific data is evolving significantly both in complexity and in volume, implying a substantial change in the way data are handled today, requiring new paradigms for data analysis. For this position, you will be working on-site in close collaboration with software engineers performing data analysis and interacting with scientists and users to assess and address their data analysis needs. Further information about the post can be obtained from Andrew Götz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Your missions are the following:
- Select and implement adapted solutions for interactive web-based scientific data visualization
- Develop web front ends for data analysis applications and data processing workflows
- Provide JupyterLab notebook solutions for specific needs
As part of the European project PaNOSC, the mission also requires you to collaborate with the other partners of the project and to report and present significant advances.
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent 300 ECTS diploma) in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or equivalent
- 2 to 5 years of professional experience
- Knowledge of OpenGL/WebGL and Python will be strong assets
- Strong ability in following best practices in software development
- Good relational skills, team spirit and service-oriented attitude
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The annual gross salary will be within the range 33-40 k€ and additional allowances may apply.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.