- Job title: Software engineer for Workflows
- Ref.: COD/WF
- Contract type: Time-limited contract
- Publication start on Intranet: 05/02/2021
- Contract duration: COD up to 36 months
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
In a team of 50 engineers and technicians, you will participate in a project focussing on the implementation of FAIR data management practices at the ESRF. In the context of the ESRF upgrade programme, the production of scientific data will evolve significantly both in complexity and in volume implying a significant change in the way data is handled today. You will work in close collaboration with software engineers working on databases, beamline control and data analysis, and will interact with scientists and users to assess and address their needs in data management.
Your missions will be the following:
- Contribute to standardising and extending the workflow tools
- Develop a database for monitoring workflow logs
- Develop workflows for at least two new techniques and commission them on the beamlines
- Document and train scientists on using workflows for their own needs
- You should hold a Higher university degree (Master or equivalent diploma offering 300 ECTS) in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or equivalent
- 2 to 8 years of professional experience
- Good to high knowledge of Python
- Good to high knowledge of data analysis and reduction
- Basic to good knowledge of workflows
- Knowledge and experience developing web applications
- Experience with databases (noSQL) will be considered an advantage
- Familiarity working on a Linux environment
- Good communication and team spirit
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.