Website esrfsynchrotron The European Synchrotron (ESRF)
- Job title: Software engineer for X-ray scattering applications
- Ref.: 23-12-P-EXPD-ADA
- Contract type: Permanent contract
- Salary range: 38,8 K€
- Publication start on Front Office : Site internet: 14/03/2023
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
X-ray scattering is the most widely used family of techniques, covering powder and single crystal diffraction, small and wide-angle X-ray scattering, scanning diffraction microscopy, grazing incidence techniques, etc. The ESRF ‘Extremely Brilliant Source’ upgrade has led to an increase in the throughput for those experiments, and thus for need to more tailored algorithms for efficient and automated data processing algorithms.
You will work to improve data processing algorithms for scattering applications, and put them in production in close collaboration with ESRF beamlines, with the objective of maximising online data analysis during experiments. You will also explore new avenues in analysis using novel algorithms e.g. using machine learning approaches for enhanced data analysis and acquisition.
The work will take place in the Algorithms & scientific Data Analysis group, in close collaboration with the ESRF beamlines. Further information about the post can be obtained from Vincent Favre-Nicolin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your missions include:
- the development, implementation, and optimisation of novel algorithms and data processing modules for scattering applications
- working with other engineers, scientists and ESRF beamlines for the deployment and operation of data processing pipelines.
- You hold a Higher university degree (Master or equivalent diploma offering 300 ECTS) in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Science or similar area. PhD would be an asset.
- Three years of relevant professional experience in the field of X-ray data processing.
- Extensive programming skills in Python are mandatory
- A strong background in natural sciences or mathematics is an asset
- Curiosity and good communication skills are required, so that you may interact with scientists with different techniques and beamlines.
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
The salary will be calculated on the basis of relevant qualifications and professional experience.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? Apply now for your next professional adventure!
What we offer:
- Join an innovative international research institute, with a workforce from 38 different countries
- Collaborate with global experts to advance science and address societal challenges
- Come and live in a vibrant city, in the heart of the Alps, and Europe’s Green Capital 2022
- Enjoy a workplace designed to support your quality of life
- Benefit from our competitive compensation and allowances package, including financial support for your relocation to Grenoble
For further information on employment terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.esrf.fr/home/Jobs/what-we-offer.html
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from disabled persons.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.