|Job Title||Software Engineer, WEB & Associated Applications|
|Post Type||Full time / Permanent|
|Salary information||£32,480 to £38,211 (Discretionary range to £43,943)|
|Application deadline||Open Vacancy|
The User Administration Software team is small with opportunities to learn lots of new skills and make significant contributions while gaining all the benefits of working for a larger organisation.
In the wider organisation there is a huge range of other software engineering that everyone is encouraged to engage with.
Key responsibilities / duties
To work within the User Administration System team on the full lifecycle development of the software needed to enable effective user administration at Diamond:
- Consult with system users and analyse their requirements, and make suggestions for simple improvements to the system;
- Design, code and test enterprise software to meet supplied specifications, providing estimates of own tasks;
- Support live systems, investigating and resolving straightforward incidents, interacting with staff and external users;
- Resolve reported faults in the system, and communicate with testers;
- Document all work, including instructions on how to build and deploy software;
- Peer review other team members’ work;
- Produce and maintain documentation describing system operation for its users, and advise them in system use;
- Develop and maintain expertise in software development tools and techniques, and advise team how they might be used.
Qualification & Experience – Essential
- Java development experience;
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
Qualification & Experience – Desirable
- Degree or equivalent in an appropriate scientific / technical discipline;
- Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels to collect feedback and isolate new requirements;
- Work in a team environment to established operational principles such as “Agile”;
- Experience of Web Front and Middleware development technologies such as GWT, Spring and Hibernate;
- Knowledge of code development platforms such as Eclipse and/or Netbeans;
- Experience of interaction with databases;
- Experience of full cycle application development including unit testing, code repositories and deployment;
- Willing and able to perform support activities when necessary;
- Experience of UNIX-like and Windows operating systems.
The job offers flexible and family friendly working conditions in a relaxed and friendly environment located on the Harwell Science & Innovation Campus, a 20 minute drive south of Oxford, in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Because of the changing nature of our business your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.diamond.ac.uk/Careers/Vacancies/All/025_17_CH.html →