Job ID 1923
NSLS-II Core Controls group provides software and hardware engineering expertise on various aspects of the development, operation, maintenance and extension of NSLS-II controls systems. We are looking for a technology development professional to join the team in our efforts to create a system which can be effectively maintained and improved, enabling excellence in facility technology and operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate for this position is a junior level technology development professional who possesses demonstrated expertise in a relevant engineering area. Responsibilities of this position are design, implementation, testing, and documentation of technology solutions to enable reliable operations of NSLS-II beamlines. Essential duties for this role include identifying and resolving problems within the area of expertise, developing working knowledge of multiple relevant technologies, and collaborating with other system experts.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field of study and at least one year of related experience.
- Demonstrated programming experience, e.g. in C, C++, Python, or Java.
- Experience of work and development in Linux operating systems environment.
- Familiarity with software and hardware engineering practices that include testing, documentation, source code management and release procedures.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with development for Experimental Physics and Industrial Control System (EPICS).
- Demonstrated experience in multiple programming languages.
- Experience in creating command line and graphical user interfaces.
- Familiarity with scientific data acquisition technologies and software, in particular detectors.
- Familiarity with motion control technologies.
- Knowledge of PLC programming and solution design.
Brookhaven National Laboratory and the Energy and Photon Sciences Directorate are committed to your success. We offer a supportive work environment and the resources necessary for you to succeed.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bnl.gov.