ALBA is the Spanish 3-GeV synchrotron radiation facility operated by the Consortium CELLS, which is equally funded by the Spanish Government (Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades) and the Catalan Government (Generalitat de Catalunya, Departament d’Economia i Coneixement). ALBA is currently operating 8 beamlines, and is expanding its capabilities with the construction of four new beamlines.
The successful candidate will be involved in the maintenance, operations, and developments of ALBA beamlines scientific instrumentation with focus on complex sample environments and mechanical components in high vacuum (HV) or ultra-high vacuum (UHV) environments as well as other task within the Beamline Support Section. A specific emphasis will be on the installation, test, operation, and maintaining of gas handling systems, and providing support for complex sample environments.
The successful candidate will also provide operational support to soft and hard X-ray beamlines, e.g. will contribute to maintenance, operations, and development effort on various beamlines.
Candidates have to fulfill the following qualifications
- Ability to execute assembling and testing tasks according to instruction.
- Pro-active and self-motivated team worker.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Basic computer (email, word processing software, spreadsheet software) skills.
Candidates are also expected to have good interpersonal skills, adaptability to a multidisciplinary environment, sense of responsibility, a professional attitude including respect for safety regulations, and capability to work in a team as well as to execute tasks independently.
- Good materials knowledge to identify innovative solutions for complex sample environments.
- Ability to understand technical drawings and other documentations including technical documentations, procedures, functional diagrams, and electrical layout plans.
- Expertise in design, manufacturing, and testing of gas-handling system including its safety procedures.
- Basic knowledge on electronics and software for controls of scientific instrumentation.
- Experience in cryogenics and cryo-systems (Liquid N2, He, and closed loop systems).
- Experiences in low temperature signal and high frequency wiring.
- Practical experience with 3D CAD software.
This position is reserved for those candidates having the legal status of persons with disabilities with a degree of disability equal or greater than 33%. If there are no applicants with disabilities that meet the requirements of the position, the rest of the applicants without declared disability will be evaluated.
Contract type: long-term temporary contract
Salary depends on qualifications and experience.
To apply for this job please visit public.cells.es.