Ref. COD/S&A3 (time-limited contract)
You will join a team of engineers and technicians for the assembly, installation and commissioning of the Extremely Brilliant Source – a new particle accelerator being constructed at the ESRF (more information on http://www.esrf.eu/about/upgrade).
Your missions will be the following:
- Install, maintain, align and measure (i.e. planimetric and altimetric control):
– civil engineering works,
– first order geodetic networks,
– magnets, vacuum vessels and other accelerator equipment,
– beamline reference marks, instrumentation and equipment.
- Supervise survey technicians and exterior company field teams.
- Perform survey calculations and publish results of measurement and alignment activities.
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher university degree (Master, MSc, DESS, Diplom, Diploma, Ingeniera Superior, Licenciatura, Laurea or equivalent) in Geomatics Engineering / surveying
- 1 to 5 years of professional experience
- Experience in the following would be considered an advantage:
– Alignment of particle accelerators and related experiments, and specifically the tools (e.g. electronic levels, GNSS, robotic total stations and particularly laser trackers…)
– General skills and techniques in the fields of metrology and micro-geodesy
– Spatial Analyzer and/or Polyworks
- Good communication, organisation and analytical skills, flexibility, ability to work within a team
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The annual gross salary will be within the range 32 – 40 k€ and additional allowances may apply (expatriation allowance, etc).
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by 25/02/2018.