- Ref.: 9563
- Contract type: Permanent contract
- Salary range: 24-29k€
Context & Job description
The Unix unit duties include the users support, definition of technical solutions as well as the management of Data storage and archiving. The aim of this post is :
- to provide support for all user of Linux,
- to take in charge infrastructure projects,
- to participate in the development and maintenance of the ESRF/Linux distribution,
- to maintain the Linux workstations in offices, laboratories and beamlines (follow-up of reparations),
- technical control on purchases.
- You should hold a a vocational qualification or technical degree in Computing Sciences.
- Sound knowledge of networks.
- You must have good knowledge of Linux open-source and scripting.
- You must be able to understand and analyse complex technical information and manage new technologies.
- Excellent relational skills, team spirit, a service-oriented attitude.
- Enthusiastic and motivated, with the ability to adapt easily to a new environment and facing new challenges.
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF) and able to write technical
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.)
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.