Website MAX IV
Lunds universitet, MAX IV, Engineering
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 600 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is a Swedish national large-scale research laboratory hosted by Lund University. It provides scientists from Sweden as well as internationally, with state-of-the-art instrumentation for research in areas such as engineering, physics, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually, conducting ground-breaking experiments in materials and life sciences using the brilliant X-ray light.
The mechanical design team is part of Engineering I group and responsible for providing support to all MAX IV and its users, the main tasks done by the team are: mechanical design work, feasibility studies, mechanical and thermal simulations, support during design review meetings with the suppliers, machine safety and procurement of mechanical parts. The team is consisting of designers and engineers who have outstanding experience in designing complicated and challenging parts for the machine and the beamlines.
Work duties and areas of responsibility:
- You will be in charge of coordinating the daily work for your team, planning the work, assign tasks to the individuals within the team, and representing the team in various forums and passing the communication to your team members.
- Producing mechanical designs based on input from the machine and beamline engineers and scientists.
- Apply and follow up the general design standards as well as MAX IV standards, in relation of ultra-high vacuum, stability, precision mechanism and general design of scientific equipment.
- Produce preliminary designs, conceptual designs, layouts, detailed assembly drawings, installation drawings and manufacturing drawings.
- Participation in the design review meetings for beamlines and machine projects.
- Performing FEA and mechanical studies for proposed designs, or per need for machine and beamlines.
- Procurement of mechanical parts.
- Participation in troubleshooting and investigations for issues encountered in the machine and the beamlines
- Education: Mechanical engineer/designer.
- Working experience: Min. of 5 years’ experience with 3D CAD programs, preferably SolidWorks, SolidW. Prof. PDM
- Creative, ability to cooperate, performance oriented, service minded, leadership skills and structured.
- Good command in English.
- Experience in mechanical design for particle accelerators
- Experience in designing for UHV applications, temperatures between 4 K and 1500 K, different material, high precision and high stability requirements.
- Experience in leading a small team.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As per agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||23.Feb.2020 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.varbi.com.