Technician for Superconducting Magnet Development
- Development and machining of manufacturing tooling (fixtures, winding guides, etc.)
- Winding of superconducting coils on a newly procured semi‐automatic winding machine
- Development of procedures for vacuum pressure impregnation with a newly procured autoclave; VPI impregnation of samples and coils with wax or epoxy resins
- Instrumentation of coils and magnet parts with voltage feelers, strain gauges, temperature sensors, acoustinc sensors, etc.
- Operation of presses, furnaces, and cranes
- You have successfully passed vocational training in a mechanical discipline and completed further training at a higher technical school
- You have hands‐on experience constructing electrical machinery
- You are motivated to learn intricate procedures in new disciplines
- You look forward to supporting English‐ and German‐speaking project stakeholders in a collaborative, interdisciplinary environment
- You take the initiative in your area of responsibility and take pride in a job well done
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on‐site infrastructure.
This is a fixed‐term position. The employment contract will be limited until 31 December 2025.
For further information, please contact Dr Bernhard Auchmann, phone +41 56 310 41 11.
Please submit your application online by 8 December 2022 for the position as a Technician for Superconducting Magnet Development (index no. 8433‐04).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Anna Fechting, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland
To apply for this job please visit www.psi.ch.