Reference No.: FG 2018/10
With BESSY II, the Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH (HZB) operates one of the world’s most modern synchrotron radiation sources in the VUV and soft x-ray range. In order to develop the new Energy Recovery Linear Accelerator with low emittance – BERLinPro -, HZB is planning and building a modern test facility for basic research in this field. The existing storage ring will be modified (BESSY VSR) for a future operation with variable pulse lengths. Superconductive accelerator technologies are an essential part of this.
The specialist group cryogenics operates a cryogenic infrastructure comprising among other components a Helium liquifier, a process vacuum pumping unit as well as connected test rigs. We are looking for new staff supporting us in operating this facilities.
- Operation of helium liquifiers, test rigs for experiments cooled with liquid helium as well as superconductive components in the storage ring BESSY II
- Preparation and follow-up processing of facility operation by means of significant facility parameters
- Regular inspection walks, visual inspections and maintenance works on the relevant components
- Operation, maintenance and repair with the support of external companies
- Support in carrying out the mandatory inspections of all components in cooperation with the responsible technical testing organisations
- Administration, storage, maintenance and procurement of tools, spare parts, small devices (like vacuum pumps) and other technical equipment (e.g. technical gases)
professional knowledge or experience in one or more of the following fields:
- cryogenics / refrigeration, vacuum technology (especially fine and high vacuum), automation technology
- construction and operation as well as maintenance of complex, mechanical automated facilities
- mechatronics, especially SIEMENS S7 technologies
- independent, self-reliant and communicative way of working
- good command of written and spoken English
What we offer
Fixed term contract for 24 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to apply
Have we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 15.10.2018.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH
To apply for this job please visit recruitingapp-5181.de.umantis.com.