Lunds universitet, MAX IV,
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has around 44 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is a Swedish national large-scale research laboratory hosted by Lund University. It provides scientists from Sweden as well as internationally, with state-of-the-art instrumentation for research in areas such as engineering, physics, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually, conducting ground-breaking experiments in materials and life sciences using the brilliant X-ray light.
The facility is in a ramp-up phase with 12 beamlines now receiving users and 4 more scheduled to be commissioned and built to receive users within the next few years.
Would you like to work at the brightest light source in the world?
MAX IV is looking for a Research Engineer to support the CoSAXS beamline at a technical level ending 31st December 2022. You will work under the direct supervision of the CoSAXS research engineer.
- In close collaboration with both beamline teams and engineering, support beamline installations and maintenance work.
- Participation in the commissioning of the beamline and end-station.
- Participate in the development, design, purchase, installation and testing of new beamline and experimental station components.
- Shared responsibilities for operation, maintenance and documentation of the beamline in close collaboration with the team of scientists and engineers at CoSAXS and MAX IV staff.
To be successful in this role you need to have the following qualifications
- The successful candidate is a technician/engineer with experience of handling new complex equipment.
- A degree in engineering, physics, chemistry or materials science is required.
- You must be able to work independently and to handle a number of on-going parallel tasks.
- You should be able to quickly read and understand manuals (in English) and have excellent communication skills with all the different functions at the laboratory.
- You must have experience of instrumentation controls hardware and software.
The following are considered as an advantage:
- experience in use or operation of hard x-ray synchrotron beamlines
- experience in hard x-ray optics
- experience in high vacuum operation
- experience in design software
- experience in python or Matlab or similar programming language
- experience in Robotics
The position opens an opportunity to gain experience of working at a large scale facility like the MAX IV storage ring. The daily work is varied and covers many technical aspects from vacuum technology, electromechanical control systems, robotics, computer science, cryogenics and many others. You will be joining an international team as they deliver a state-of-the-art beamline at MAX IV into user operation.
What we offer
When you join our MAX IV family, you step into a world of front edge science. We make the invisible visible by supporting scientist from all over the world, generating scientific results for the benefit of society. We offer you a multicultural work environment with great opportunities for personal development with respect for a healthy work-life balance.
Would you like to work in a challenging and supporting environment? Then join us and take the opportunity to make a real difference!
For further information, please visit:
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As per agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||16.Aug.2021 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.varbi.com.