Context & Job description
In a group of 15 engineers and technicians, your missions will include the following:
- Assist during the installation and the acceptance tests of a new Multilayer Deposition System
- Carry out commissioning tests and experiments
- Study the coating performance of the machine and compare it to existing facilities
- Develop and optimize methods of differential deposition for surface figure correction
- Investigate potential in-situ surface metrology techniques
- Evaluate the results and their potential applications on ESRF beamlines
- PhD or Engineering degree in Physics, Materials Sciences, Optics or a related field
- 3 to 10 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: thin film deposition, X-ray optics, optical engineering, surface metrology
- Curiosity and rigor in following up technical developments
- Willing to work efficiently and to share knowledge in a small team
- Ability to publish results at international conferences and in scientific journals
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
Your duties will require you to work with vacuum equipment and with X-ray generators.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.