erkeley Lab’s Chemical Sciences Division has an opening for a Postdoc.
The Chemical Sciences Division has an opportunity for a Postdoctoral Fellow position in the AMOS Chemical Dynamics group. The group’s research focuses on studying ultrafast dynamics in molecules, clusters, and interfacial systems by means of time-resolved X-ray spectroscopy and imaging techniques. See http://ultrafast.lbl.gov/chemical-dynamics/publications/ for a list of recent publications. The position is associated with the study of ultrafast coupled electronic-structural dynamics in gas-phase molecules by means of high-order harmonics enabled femtosecond time-resolved X-ray absorption spectroscopy. Further activities may include experimental campaigns at Ultrafast Electron Diffraction (UED) facilities, X-ray free electron lasers (X-FELs), and synchrotron radiation light sources, using a variety of imaging and spectroscopy techniques. The successful candidate has either recently received or is about to acquire a Ph.D. in physics or chemistry. The candidate is expected to independently conduct cutting-edge experiments, analyze results, derive theoretical interpretations, and draft manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals. A high degree of independence must be complemented by the capability to thrive in a collaborative group environment.
What You Will Do:
- Conceive, conduct, analyze, and interpret ultrafast transient X-ray absorption experiments on gas-phase molecules employing femtosecond high-order harmonic generation
- Draft manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Present scientific findings at national and international scientific meetings
What is Required:
- PhD in Physics or Chemistry
- Strong background and documented track record in experimental physics, chemical physics, or physical chemistry
- Experience with femtosecond lasers, ultrafast spectroscopy and high vacuum techniques
- Capability to work independently within a collaborative group environment
- This position will remain open until filled.
- This is a full-time, 2 year, postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds, and ongoing operational needs.
- You must have less than 3 years of paid postdoctoral experience.
- Salary for Postdoctoral positions depends on years of experience post-degree.
- Salary will be predetermined based on postdoctoral step rates.
- This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
- Work will be primarily performed at: Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values at Berkeley Lab. Our excellence can only be fully realized by faculty, students, and staff who share our commitment to these values. Successful candidates for our postdoctoral researcher positions will demonstrate evidence of a commitment to advancing equity and inclusion.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4. Click here to view the poster and supplement: “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.”
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups presently considering scientific research careers.
To apply for this job please visit lbl.referrals.selectminds.com.