Brookhaven National Laboratory (www.bnl.gov) delivers discovery science and transformative technology to power and secure the nation’s future. Brookhaven Lab is a multidisciplinary laboratory with seven Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, 37 R&D 100 Awards, and more than 70 years of pioneering research. The Lab is primarily supported by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Science. Brookhaven Science Associates (BSA) operates and manages the Laboratory for DOE. BSA is a partnership between Battelle and The Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University.
The National Synchrotron Light Source II (NSLS-II) and Laboratory for Biomolecular Structure (LBMS) are user facilities within the Energy and Photon Sciences Directorate at NSLS-II. More than 2,000 scientists per year use these facilities to perform state-of-the-art synchrotron and cryo-electron microscopy experiments. The selected candidate will serve as the user program coordinator for NSLS-II and LBMS, as a member of the User Services, Communications, Education, and Outreach (USCEO) team at NSLS-II. With a high level of independence, the user program coordinator will be responsible for coordinating all NSLS-II and LBMS user needs including guest appointments, training, onsite access, housing, etc., and providing support to the associated user organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as primary point of contact for all user needs and inquiries.
- Responsible for managing all NSLS-II and LBMS user appointments (remote and onsite) and access
- Act as primary liaison with all BNL (and other) support services including housing, food services, etc., for all NSLS-II and LBMS users.
- Support conferences, workshops, and educational activities at NSLS-II and LBMS
- Responsible for providing support to the User Executive Committees including regular meetings, the annual users meeting, UEC show, website, purchases, and all other activities
- Represent NSLS-II and LBMS users on BNL and other committees
- Manage user satisfaction surveys and feedback.
- Responsible for the administrative aspects of the Partner User program at NSLS-II, including Partner User agreements, proposals, and meetings.
- Prepare statistics, slides, and reports for the annual facility reports and other ad hoc statistics requests, sometimes at short notice.
- Responsible for maintaining the NSLS-II User Access Policy, related procedures, and official records
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or other relevant field, or equivalent experience, generally on the basis of 2:1 (experience: college) years plus 4 years related work experience.
- Ability to provide an excellent customer service experience to a globally diverse population and interact at all levels throughout the Laboratory.
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt quickly in an environment with short deadlines.
- Ability to work independently within established procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to work off-hours to address user needs.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Zoom, and MS Office 365 to include Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Teams.
- Discretion in handling confidential and/or highly sensitive matters.
- US citizenship required to access DOE database.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the BNL guest registration process including training, badging, access cards, and dosimetry badges
- Have a working knowledge of the PASS proposal and SAF systems
- Knowledge of Department of Homeland Security rules and immigration requirements
- Working knowledge of the operations and processes at DOE user facilities.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, PowerBI, C-cure, and CONCUR and knowledge of DocuSign.
- Demonstrated experience using document control systems in SharePoint or other document management/record keeping systems.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave)
- Lab-funded Retirement Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Ping Pong, Softball, Tennis)
Brookhaven National Laboratory and the Energy and Photon Sciences Directorate are committed to your success. We offer a supportive work environment and the resources necessary for you to succeed.
Brookhaven Science Associates requires proof of a COVID-19 vaccination for all employees. Proof of full vaccination as recognized by the CDC and/or WHO, inclusive of the two-week waiting period, is required at the start of your employment.
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer that values inclusion and diversity at our Lab. We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486.1-BOrder-a/@@images/file
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bnl.gov.