- Job title: User support desk technician
- Ref.: TID/22/UserSupport
- Contract type: Permanent contract
- Salary range: 28-31K€
- Publication start on Front Office : Site internet:22/06/2022
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
The tasks of the User Support Desk Technician include, but are not limited to:
- IT infrastructure Hotline from 8:00 to 17:00. This includes answering users’ calls and managing the ticketing system for all activities of the group (Linux and Windows computers, storage, archiving, network and compute infrastructure, more generally IT services and software applications)
- Level 1 maintenance (changing printer toners, answering office software issues, solving accounts access requests..)
- Video conferencing suite daily users support and license management.
- Audio and video equipment user support, ensuring proper functioning at all times.
- Softphone solution deployment, user support
- Interaction with other teams and Group Unit leaders for solving recurrent issues
- Attendance to the weekly Group technical meetings, User Support Desk activity reporting
- Overseeing installations, replacements, and upgrades as well as potential technical issues resulting from development implemented by the Group
- Management of the user documentation
- Technical diploma in computer science. (Short academic/technical degree ((BTS, DUT, DEUG, Abgeschlossene Berufsausbildung…) worth 120 or 180 ECTS)
- Ideally 2 to 8 years of professional experience, junior profiles are invited to apply as well
- Good understanding of Windows and Linux personal computers and office tools
- Team spirit, autonomy, multitasking and a strong service-oriented attitude
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF). Ability to speak and understand French would be an asset.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.