- Ref.: CDD/UX-UI
- Contract type: Time-limited contract
- Salary range: 34/40
- Deadline for applications: 08/02/2019
- Contract duration: 18 months
Context & Job description
The Beamline Control Unit (BCU) is a team of 17 engineers, responsible for providing ESRF scientists with the appropriate tools to perform sophisticated data acquisition procedures and experiments. As part of the ambitious “Extremely Brilliant Source” (EBS) modernisation programme of the ESRF, the BCU is looking for a Graphical User Interface (GUI) developer, to play a key role in creating the user interfaces for BLISS, the new experiment control system. You will be expected to create a simple, user-friendly and intuitive user experience with new dedicated graphical applications.
Your main duties will be to:
- Implement improvements of the integrated graphical tools (PyOt) delivered with the control system
- Develop bespoke control and acquisition GUIs for the scientific experiments
- Ensure flawless installation and commissioning of the developed GUIs on the ESRF experimental stations
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent 300 ECTS diploma) in Computing Science, Software Engineering or related discipline
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in software and GUI development
- Strong skills in Python and PyQt programming, object oriented software architecture and quality assurance
- A genuine interest and experience in UI design and in the enhancement of the UX
- Interest in experiment control, data acquisition and scientific needs
- Team spirit, curiosity and good communication skills are required, so that you may interact with people of different domains such as physicists, electronics and software engineers.
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The annual gross salary will be within the range 34 – 40 k€ and additional allowances may apply (expatriation allowance, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.