Lunds universitet, MAX IV, Engineering
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is a Swedish national large-scale research laboratory hosted by Lund University. It provides scientists from Sweden as well as internationally, with state-of-the-art instrumentation for research in areas such as engineering, physics, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually, conducting ground-breaking experiments in materials and life sciences using the brilliant X-ray light.
The vacuum team is responsible for providing support in vacuum technology to all MAX IV accelerators and beamlines. The duties of the vacuum team include: design and simulations of high and ultra-high vacuum systems, procurement, installation, commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting and follow up of vacuum systems of the accelerators and beamlines. The team is consisting of engineers and technicians who have long experience in vacuum systems for particle accelerators.
As a member of the vacuum team, your main task is to provide all the needed support related to vacuum technology for the accelerator complex and the beamlines during all the stages of the projects: design, installation, operation and development.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Design of vacuum systems for the machine and the beamlines.
- Support projects for the machine and the beamlines during design review meetings with suppliers and provide support during the factory and site acceptance tests of vacuum equipment.
- Simulations for vacuum and ray-tracing.
- Provide support for the installation of the vacuum systems (hands on), coordinate the work with your own team and the other teams within the MAX IV facility.
- Provide support during the commissioning and operation of the vacuum systems, assuring the requested performance is achieved.
- Procurement of vacuum parts/systems and follow up with the suppliers.
- Review and contribute to the documentation related to: machine protection system logic and test protocols.
- Short and long term monitoring of the vacuum performance of the accelerators and the beamlines.
- Provide the vacuum services for the accelerators and the beamlines, including: cleaning, pumping down, leak test, bakeout…etc.
- Provide support during the corrective and preventive maintenance of vacuum equipment.
- Development of procedures and documentation for vacuum equipment and interventions
- Training of personnel in UHV technology.
- Education: university degree in mechanical engineering/material science/physics or equivalent.
- Working experience: 3 years’ experience in vacuum and ultra-high vacuum systems.
- Good command in English.
- Good communications skills.
- Taking initiative, flexible, performance oriented, ability to cooperate, service minded, structured and quality conscious.
- Experience in ultra-high vacuum systems for particle accelerators, preferably synchrotron facilities.
- Experience in simulations for vacuum systems, preferably using Molflow+ and SynRad.
Probation period may apply.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As per agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||04.Nov.2020 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.varbi.com.