The Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory (LNLS) is commissioning the fourth-generation electron storage ring Sirius, a worldwide state-of-the-art accelerator complex dedicated to produce high brightness X-ray beams. LNLS is a pioneer synchrotron light laboratory in Brazil and has a long history of designing, constructing, commissioning and operating a synchrotron light facility to provide multi-disciplinary experimental stations for external users.
To work in the Vacuum Group (VAC) at CNPEM.
- Coordinate the Vacuum group of the Engineering and Technology Division.
- Serve as a technical reference in vacuum science and technology for the team.
- Work in the prospection of solutions for problems in vacuum science and technology (general applications and in particle accelerators).
- Design, specify, build, qualify, commissioning and operate vacuum systems of different levels of complexity.
- Identify and conduct R&D projects related to vacuum science and technology.
- Collaborate with other teams and departments in technical support in vacuum technology.
- Elaborate technical documentation (procedures, specifications, articles) and presentaitons.
- Coordinate technical projects.
- Degree in Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physisct or related areas.
- Advanced English.
- Solid experience in vacuum science and technology.
- Team management and leadership.
- Knowledge in project management.
Deep knowledge in:
- Vacuum science and technology.
- Fabrication and manufacturing processes of ultra high vacuum chambers.
- Joining processes of ultra high vacuum chambers.
- Materials selection for ultra high vacuum applications.
- Qualification, installation and commissioning of ultra-high vacuum chambers and systems.
Computational simulations (finite element method and Monte Carlo method).
Vacuum design calculations and simulations 2D and 3D CAD.
To apply for this job please visit www.lnls.cnpem.br.