|Job Title||Vacuum Mechanical Technician|
|Post Type||Permanent / Full time|
|Salary information||£25,499 to £29,999 (Discretionary range to £34,499)|
The Vacuum Group is responsible for the Vacuum Systems and Vacuum equipment of Diamond.
We are now seeking a Vacuum Mechanical Technician to contribute to the assembly, commissioning, installation and maintenance of the Diamond vacuum systems and equipment.
This post provides an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic person to contribute to the continued success of a world-leading scientific facility.
- To assemble all the vacuum components and assemblies of Diamond following ultra-high vacuum (UHV) best practice;
- To assist in the installation and commissioning of machine vacuum components;
- To assist in the maintenance and upgrading of Diamond Vacuum Systems and equipment;
- To carry out machining to drawings, where necessary;
- To undertake logistical equipment movement for the group;
- To carry out general group work as required;
- To assist with procurement by liaising with suppliers and placing orders;
- To assist with training Diamond employees in vacuum equipment maintenance and equipment use;
- Flexible approach to the working conditions, working hours and environment.
Qualification & Experience – Essential
- Apprentice training to ONC or GNVQ level 2 (applicants with equivalent work experience will also be considered);
- Ability to understand and interpret mechanical drawings;
- Ability to machine to drawings;
- Ability to carry out a variety of mechanical assembly tasks;
- Relevant work experience;
- Good communication skills, verbal and written;
- Effective team player;
- An awareness for workshop tooling and safety considerations;
- A desire to learn and face new challenges;
- An ability to work independently, as well as to contribute effectively as part of a larger team;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualification & Experience – Desirable
- Experience in ultra-high vacuum (UHV);
- Ability to interact with people at all levels;
- Good IT skills – standard MS Office software;
- Good planning and organising skills;
- Familiarity with quality assurance procedures, work planning and safe systems of work;
- Experience in using compressed gases and associated handling equipment;
- Experience of using cranes and slings, fork lift trucks etc. for heavy lifting;
- Experience in testing, fault finding and maintenance of electro-mechanical systems.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.diamond.ac.uk/Careers/Vacancies/All/048_18_CH.html →