Lund University, MAX IV, Engineering
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is a Swedish national large-scale research laboratory hosted by Lund University. It provides scientists from Sweden as well as internationally, with state-of-the-art instrumentation for research in areas such as engineering, physics, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually, conducting ground-breaking experiments in materials and life sciences using the brilliant X-ray light.
The vacuum team is responsible for providing support to all MAX IV and its users, among other things includes: design and simulations for vacuum systems, procurement and installation of vacuum systems for the machine and the beamlines, commissioning and maintenance of vacuum systems and troubleshooting and follow up of vacuum performance for the machine and the beamlines. The team is consisting of engineers and technicians who have long experience in vacuum systems for particle accelerators.
Work duties and areas of responsibility
As a member of the vacuum team, your main task is to provide all the needed support related to vacuum technology for the accelerators and the beamlines of MAX IV laboratory:
- Perform vacuum installations and testing for the accelerators and the beamlines according to standards and requests.
- Perform vacuum related services: cleaning of parts, pump down, leak tests, bakeout etc.
- Troubleshooting in case of vacuum issues in the accelerators and the beamlines, together with the rest of the vacuum team.
- Periodic health check of the accelerators and beamlines vacuum systems.
- Maintenance and repair if possible of vacuum components in the accelerators and the beamlines.
- Keep the stock of vacuum hardware for the accelerators and beamlines in order, provide parts as needed.
- Orders of required hardware that are required in the stock and for beamlines with the help of the rest of the vacuum team.
- Actively participating in new projects and developments.
- Being proactive in providing support for the beamlines and keeping interaction in order to have early approach to possible problems.
- Provide vacuum support during the shutdown activities.
- Operation and maintenance for the vacuum cleaning facility.
- To assist with training of MAX IV employees in vacuum equipment use and maintenance;
- Education: technical education in mechanical engineering, electrical or vacuum.
- Working experience: minimum 2 years’ experience in the vacuum field.
- Good command in English.
- Taking initiative, flexible, performance oriented, ability to cooperate in a team, service minded, structured and quality conscious.
- Experience in ultra high vacuum (UHV)
- Work experience in particle accelerators, preferably synchrotron radiation facilities.
Probationary period may apply.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||06.Oct.2020 11:59 PM CET|
To apply for this job please visit lu.varbi.com.