Are you passionate about Science and Technology? Diamond Light Source the UK’s national synchrotron is looking for a Web & Digital Content Manager to share information about Diamond to a wide range of audiences.
You will need to have had first-hand experience in writing for a wide range of platforms as well as experience in commissioning content, matched to a solid track record of working with researchers and staff to enable them to create the content for the website and intranet. You will need to have a strong understanding of the pressing demands of social media and experience of how to build a widespread digital presence. Strong project management and matrix working required.
In this exciting role within the Communications Team, you will be responsible for the proactive editorial content management and development of external and internal websites, online tools and communication, and social media platforms.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with the Head of Communications to develop the external website in accordance with the organisation’s business needs and priorities;
- Managing and developing the intranet, leading on the consultation and relationship management with content owners;
- Ensure that all external website and intranet content is up to date and in line with corporate vision and strategy, working with colleagues across all divisions as necessary;
- Delivering high quality content for the external website and intranet, in consultation with web area owners and in line with the organisation’s brand and key messages;
- Identifying opportunities for research highlights and carry out or commission editorial copywriting for all digital content, liaising with colleagues and external parties as required;
- Managing the Engineering Communications summer placement student (June-August 2020): producing targeted digital content for Diamond’s Technical division;
- Managing the allocation of external website and intranet enquiries that come in via the issue tracking system, ensuring that they are dealt with in a timely manner;
- Managing Diamond’s social media presence and identify opportunities to expand to additional appropriate platforms in accordance with the communications policies and agreed strategy;
- Creating and issuing timely and relevant content via social media in alignment with the Communications Team’s programme of activities and campaigns;
- Managing Diamond’s subscriptions to online tools such as survey software and video sharing platforms, and provide access and guidance to colleagues in other divisions as required;
- Contributing to other communications activities including copywriting, outreach and educational projects, communications training and corporate events as required.
Where relevant, and possible for the role, we will consider flexible working arrangements and secondment opportunities.
Diamond attract talented individuals from around the world and currently employ 39 different nationalities. Reflecting trends in our sector we employ more men than women (78% men and 22% women as at 5 April 2019). Therefore, in accordance with law and good practice, we particularly welcome applications from suitably qualified women.
If you are disabled and would like to be considered under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please let us know via the online application process.
Diamond are members of Working Families (the UK’s work-life balance organisation), we have also achieved the Athena SWAN Bronze award and Disability Confident Level One.
To apply for this job please visit vacancies.diamond.ac.uk.