- Ref.: COD/OASYS
- Contract type: Time-limited contract
- Salary range: 34-44K€
- Contract duration: maximum 3 years
Context & Job description
In the context of the ESRF upgrade programme, significant efforts are also being injected into developing, integrating and supporting simulation tools for virtual experiments on synchrotron experimental stations (beamlines). The performances of the new and existing beamlines are modelled in order to optimise them for the forthcoming Extremely Brilliant X-ray Source (EBS), with its unprecedented characteristics. In this context, the silx toolkit has been developed for data display and reduction. The ESRF is currently looking for a Web Frontend developer to reinforce the international silx developers team, to help convert silx to support the web for visualising and browsing data and to develop web frontends for data analysis software.
As a proficient Web frontend software engineer, you are expected to contribute to all silx sub-packages and integrate them in an automated cycle of continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
The main missions of this post will be to:
- Develop and/or extend an HDF5 file browser and viewer
- Develop Web 1D plotting tools for displaying scientific data
- Develop Web 2D plotting tools for displaying scientific data
- Develop a Web frontend for ESRF workflows
- Evaluate new technologies for running scientific codes in the browser e.g. WebAssembly
- Develop Web frontends for at least one scientific data analysis package
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent diploma worth at least 300 ECTS) in Computing Science, Software Engineering or related area
- 3 to 8 years of professional experience in software development
- Strong skills in Web development
- Demonstrable experience in software development using Python and its environment
- Team spirit, curiosity and good communication skills are required, so that you may interact with people of different domains such as physicists, electronics and software engineers in a multicultural environment
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.