The ESRF, the European Synchrotron, is an international science facility based in Grenoble, France. Thanks to its high-level, innovative engineering and cutting-edge vision, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research institutions worldwide, welcoming more than 6 500 scientists every year in fields such as biology, medicine, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials and surface science, and physics. The ESRF is supported by 22 countries and employs 650 staff.
You will participate in the development and daily operation of a large and sophisticated Microsoft Windows infrastructure, made of about 70 servers and more than 1 800 desktop and laptop computers.
Your main missions are to:
- Contribute actively to the technical evolution of the Windows infrastructure for improving its performance, reliability, and security
- Deploy monitoring and statistics tools
- Manage failures of the Windows infrastructure
- Assistance to our users for Windows-related problems
- Tuning of Windows systems for high performance applications
- Maintain technical documentation describing all aspects of the Windows Infrastructure
Your will be part of a team of 5 people, strongly interacting with the 3 other teams of the wider group of 22 people in charge of Network, Security, Storage, Backup and Archiving, Compute clusters, Office automation and Support.
The ESRF Windows infrastructure is based on Dell equipment, Active Directory, MS-Office, Dell KACE K1000 and 2000 provide the supervision. The products used for IT-security come from Symantec, EfficientIP and Cisco.
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher university degree or Engineer degree (Master or equivalent 300 ECTS diploma) in Computing
- 1 to 8 years of professional experience
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Windows universe
- Basic skills on Network, Linux and scripting languages would be an asset.
- Team spirit, autonomy and a service-oriented attitude
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The annual gross salary will be within the range 32-44 k€ and additional allowances may apply (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by 25/04/2018.