Lightsources.org – the platform created by a worldwide community of science communicators for everyone with a passion for light source related scientific and technical achievements
Each member of Lightsources.org has its own dedicated profile page on the website and has the opportunity to post job offers, events, conferences, and calls for proposals and upgrade information. The website also provides news from member facilities about the latest research undertaken by staff and external users.
If you would like to know more about the Lightsources.org community and how to become a sponsoring member, please contact Silvana, our Project Manager. There is the option to participate in one in-person collaboration and best practices meeting to explore fully joining the team.
Benefits of being a sponsoring member:
- Prominent placement of your news, job offers, events, call for proposals and upgrade information on the website (~ 6,000 unique visitors; ~16,000 page views monthly).
- Each facility is regularly mentioned in the newsletter, called “weekly update”
- Monthly zoom calls organised by the project manager to keep you up to date about the activity of the collaboration and to hear presentation on pre-agreed topics of mutual interest.
- Ongoing connection to communications peers, in particular through 1 to 2 annual in-person meetings at one of our facilities/conferences of interest, sharing best practices, personal development opportunities tailored to communication needs, discussing website improvements etc.
- Opportunity to seek advice or support via the Lightsources.org Board mailing list.
- org follows each member facility on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn and shares stories daily as well as leading on joint social media campaigns as agreed by the collaboration.