CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the hierarchical supervision of the Head of the Budget Unit in the Finance Service, your main tasks are:
- Overall support to the management of EU, ANR, IRT and other international and national grants
- Follow-up of the “TIMESHEET” Application:
- Setting up of the parameters of new projects in this application
- Update and follow-upof the Timesheets for the hours declared by all staff working on Grant projects on site
- Regular contact with the staff involved in these projects, ensuring the support in closed liaison with the MIS Group
- Other tasks include: Valuation of the hours declared monthly, technical follow-up, and updating of personnel costs (to be declared in the Cost Statements) on the basis of the information provided by the Payroll Service
- Budgetary reporting and forecasts
- Updating of the Grants tables included in the Monthly Budgetary Situations
- Recording of monthly accounting and budget transactions in ‘Oracle’
- Support to the preparation of short and medium term income forecasts for the Finance Service reporting
- Support to the establishment of Cost Statements and Interim Reports: Collection of all financial information and diverse elements needed for the annual Cost Statements
established for each contract. Support given also to the interim reporting, including : close liaison with the Payroll Unit for the processing of personnel costs, checking of the hours
declared by staff working on multiple contracts, and providing financial statements to the heads of project as required
- Academic degree (Bachelor or equivalent diploma worth 120 ECTS) in Business Administration, Accounting or relevant matters
- 2 to 5 years of professional experience
- Excellent use of administrative computing tools and office software (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of the French accounting system
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.