The ESRF, the European Synchrotron, is an international science facility based in Grenoble, France. Thanks to its high-level, innovative engineering and cutting-edge vision, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research institutions worldwide, welcoming more than 6 500 scientists every year in fields such as biology, medicine, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials and surface science, and physics. The ESRF is supported by 22 countries and employs 650 staff.
We are currently seeking to recruit a:
Metrology Engineer, time-limited position (3 years maximum)
As Dimensional Metrology Engineer, you will join a team of engineers and technicians for the assembly, installation and commissioning of the Extremely Brilliant Source – a new particle accelerator being constructed at the ESRF (more information on http://ebs.esrf.fr/about-esrf-ebs/).
Your missions will be the following:
- Perform dimensional control of magnets, vacuum vessels and other accelerator equipment
- Install, maintain, align and measure (i.e. planimetric and altimetric control):
– civil engineering works,
– first order geodetic networks,
– beamline reference marks, instrumentation and equipment.
- Supervise survey technicians and exterior company field teams.
- Perform survey calculations and publish results of measurement and alignment activities.
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent 300 ECTS diploma) in Geomatics Engineering / Surveying / Metrology
- 1 to 5 years of professional experience
- Experience in the following would be considered an advantage:
– Alignment of particle accelerators and related experiments, and specifically the tools (e.g. electronic levels, GNSS, robotic total stations and particularly laser trackers…)
– General skills and techniques in the fields of metrology and micro-geodesy
– Spatial Analyzer and/or Polyworks
- Good communication, organisation and analytical skills, flexibility, ability to work within a team
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The annual gross salary will be within the range 32 – 40 k€ and additional allowances may apply (expatriation allowance, etc).
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by 14/05/2018.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.esrf.eu/home/Jobs/engineering-rd-and-technical-opportunities.html →