DESY, with its 2700 employees at its two locations in Hamburg and Zeuthen, is one of the world’s leading research centres. Its research focuses on decoding the structure and function of matter, from the smallest particles of the universe to the building blocks of life. In this way, DESY contributes to solving the major questions and urgent challenges facing science, society and industry. With its ultramodern research infrastructure, its interdisciplinary research platforms and its international networks, DESY offers a highly attractive working environment in the fields of science, technology and administration as well as for the education of highly qualified young scientists.
The DESY NanoLab has an active in-house research program within the fields of X-ray physics and nanoscience. In addition, it provides surface spectroscopy and microscopy methods which are complementary to the techniques available at the different DESY accelerator-based light sources.
- Developing correlative methodologies for complementary nano-experiments at the synchrotron source PETRA III and the DESY NanoLab
- Planning and conducting experiments utilizing correlative methods, e.g., in the field of nano-catalysis
- Active support in user experiments within the European transnational user program NFFA-Europe-Pilot (NEP)
- Ph.D. in physics, chemistry or materials science or equivalent
- Computing skills for image registration, -handling and -analysis
- Python: scikit-image, scikit-learn, c++/cuda/opencl, and opencv is a bonus
- Willingness to support external users, also remotely (experiments and organisation)
- Experience in the field of X-ray analytics of materials and X-ray imaging
- Experience in microscopy and operation under ultra high vacuum (UHV) conditions
- Experience in catalysis
For further information please contact Dr. Thomas Keller, +49-40-8998-6010 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The position is limited to initially 2 years.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Persons with disabilities will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Human Resources Department | Code: FSPO007/2021
Notkestraße 85 | 22607 Hamburg Germany
Phone: +49 40 8998-3392
Deadline for applications: 15.04.2021
To apply for this job please visit www.desy.de.