Join our team
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques. Early user operation started in September 2017.
- write news and press releases, texts for website, posters, brochures, other publications in English
- handle the social media accounts of European XFEL
- edit articles, brochures, newsletters, posters and webpages
- translate texts from English or German to the other (native) language
- work with partner PR departments and agencies
- organize media events and interviews
- engage in and support other activities of the PR group
- university degree (communications, journalism or natural sciences)
- relevant experience in science PR or journalism
- excellent command (native speaker level) of English
- a good working level of German or willingness to acquire it within a short period of time
- media relations skills including writing, editing and media handling
- social media and digital expertise
- high affinity to scientific topics
- ability to work independently on different projects simultaneously and on tight deadlines
- organizational skills and a proactive approach
- strong working knowledge of MS office applications
Ideally the position shall be executed in full time (39 hours per week). However a part-time employment with a minimum working time of 30 hours per week is also possible.
For additional information, please contact Bernd Ebeling (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Become part of a vibrant international and multicultural team of scientists, engineers, technical, and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust-based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition, European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, a subsidized job-ticket for the local public transportation system, as well as our brand-new company restaurant BeamStop. The European XFEL GmbH employs a diverse, broadly international staff. Non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
This appointment is permanent.
20 October 2019
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, as well as your work certificates in one single pdf-file.
Handicapped persons will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
To apply for this job please visit www.xfel.eu.