- Job title: Software engineer for Web and Databases
- Ref.: COD/SLST
- Contract type: Time-limited contract
- Publication start on Intranet: 05/02/2021
- Contract duration: COD up to 36 months
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
In a team of 50 engineers and technicians, you will participate in a project focussing on the implementation of FAIR data management practices at the ESRF. In the context of the ESRF upgrade programme, the production of scientific data will evolve significantly both in complexity and in volume implying a significant change in the way data is handled today. You will work in close collaboration with software engineers working on databases, beamline control and data analysis, and will interact with scientists and users to assess and address their needs in data management.
Your missions are the following:
- Extend and unify the sample-tracking applications at the ESRF
- Test and deploy the new ISPyB database backend
- Contribute to converting the current ISPyB LIMS backend to a new technology stack
- You should hold a Higher university degree (Master or equivalent diploma offering 300 ECTS) in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or equivalent
- 2 to 8 years of professional experience
- Good to high knowledge of Python.
- Good to high knowledge of databases (SQL and/or noSQL).
- Knowledge and experience developing web applications (knowledge of React.js is considered an advantage)
- Experience with full stack development will be considered an advantage.
- Familiarity working on a Linux environment
- Good communication and team spirit.
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.