- Job title: Software Engineer in the Structural Biology Group
- Contract type: Time-limited contract
- Salary range: 41 K€ minimum
- Publication start on Front Office : Site internet:02/08/2022
- Contract duration: Time-limited contract
CONTEXT & JOB DESCRIPTION
The ESRF Structural Biology Group operates five state of the art Macromolecular crystallography (MX) beamlines, a Solution scattering beamline and a Cryo electron microscopy facility. The beamlines present a high degree of automation using advanced robotics which are facilitated with inhouse developed software (MXCuBE). The latest version, the web application MXCuBE3 (https://github.com/mxcube/) is specifically designed to perform advanced experiments remotely. As part of the EBS Extremely Brilliant Source (EBS, http://ebs.esrf.fr/about‐esrf‐ebs/), the ESRF is constructing a new beamline dedicated to room temperature time‐resolved serial crystallography experiments that is dedicated to the next generation experiments in structural biology.
Your missions will be the following:
- Acquire an understanding for the experiments conducted at the MX beamlines and for serial crystallography experiments in particular
- Develop new features for the remote access application of MXCuBE3
- Aid in the development of serial crystallography user interface within MXCuBE
- Develop, within the MXCuBE framework, new features for time-resolved experiments
- Develop, within the MXCuBE framework, a serial crystallography data visualisation and on-line data analysis tool
- Plan the development together with beamline scientists and software engineers
- Commissioning of the software together with beamline scientists and software engineers
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent diploma worth at least 300 ECTS) in Software engineering or related discipline
- Experienced candidate with at least 5 years of professional experience in software development
- Curiosity and good communication skills are required, so that you may interact with people of different domains such as physicists, electronics and software engineers
- Very good ability to work as part of a team
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
Temporary contract, up to 36 months.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 21 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit esrf.gestmax.eu.