The ESRF, the European Synchrotron, is an international science facility based in Grenoble, France. Thanks to its high-level, innovative engineering and cutting-edge vision, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research institutions worldwide, welcoming more than 6 500 scientists every year in fields such as biology, medicine, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials and surface science, and physics. The ESRF is supported by 22 countries and employs 650 staff.
In the frame of the new Extremely Brilliant Source (EBS, http://ebs.esrf.fr/about-esrf-ebs/), flagship beamline projects aim to push tomography techniques to a new level. You will play a pivotal role in the associated tomography strategy of the ESRF.
Your missions are the following:
- Coordinate the tomography software activities at the level of the facility to harmonise and optimise the common software solution
- Foster new cutting-edge applied methods such as time-resolved, hierarchical, nanoscale, sparse, fluorescence and diffraction based tomography
- Develop and implement software in direct link with the other scientists of the division and with the engineers of the software support group
- Establish an in-house research programme exploiting the innovative tomography methods in the context of the new EBS.
Further information may be obtained from Alexander Rack (tel. +33 (0)4 76 88 17 81, email email@example.com).
PROFILE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD in Applied Science or Computing Science and several years of postdoctoral experience in tomography methods and software
- Mandatory programming skills (Python, C++)
- Capabilities as an experimentalist will be an asset
- Ability to interact with multi-disciplinary staff and strong interpersonal skills
- Good project management skills
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
This position is time-limited and the contract will be for 5 years maximum.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
The ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by 26/09/2018.
To apply for this job please visit www.esrf.eu.