ANSTO’s Australian Synchrotron is a 3 GeV national synchrotron and supports a broad range of high quality research, with applications in sectors from medicine and nanotechnology to manufacturing and mineral exploration. The facility opened in Clayton, Victoria and is owned and operated by ANSTO.
- Over 4,000 users per year, working on 10 operational beamlines, with 8 more proposed.
- The Australian Synchrotron’s mission is to enable science for the benefit of the community, by providing world-class synchrotron expertise and facilities.
Latest News From Australian Synchrotron
- Tomography helps to provide insights into Aboriginal cultural belongings 2023/07/03
- Synchrotron technique reveals more details of mysterious underlying portrait in Renaissance painting 2023/04/14
- Synchrotron techniques reveal structural details of fossilised fragment of a rare Australian dinosaur skull 2023/04/13
Australia, Clayton (VIC)
Energy: 3 GeV
Current: 200 mA
Number of operational Beamlines: 10
Horizontal emittance: 10 nm rad
Vertical emittance: 0.1 nm rad