photo credit to Felix Gerlach
MAX IV Laboratory is a Swedish national laboratory providing scientists with the most brilliant X-rays for research. With more than 30 years of experience operating the MAX I-III facilities it is now commissioning MAX IV, which was inaugurated 21 June 2016. Fully developed it will house 26 beamlines and welcome up to 3000 researchers per year.
- MAX IV welcomed first expert users in December 2015, the regular call for proposals started in August 2017.
- Ongoing construction and commissioning will bring the number of beamlines at MAX IV up to 16 by 2021.
Latest News From MAX IV
- Collaboration develops sensitive data protocol 2019/08/16
- 17 meter long detector chamber delivered to CoSAXS 2019/05/14
- New beamline for electron bunch diagnostics 2019/04/25
Energy: 3 GeV
Current: 500 mA
Operational Beamlines: 6
Horizontal emittance: 330 pm rad
Vertical emittance: 8 pm rad
Call for proposals
>Read more about access routes
The catalogue of European Lightsources