photo credit to Felix Gerlach
MAX IV Laboratory is a Swedish national laboratory providing scientists with the most brilliant X-rays for research. With more than 30 years of experience operating the MAX I-III facilities it is now commissioning MAX IV, which was inaugurated 21 June 2016. Fully developed it will house 26 beamlines and welcome up to 3000 researchers per year.
- MAX IV welcomed first expert users in December 2015, the regular call for proposals started in August 2017.
- Ongoing construction and commissioning will bring the number of beamlines at MAX IV up to 16 by 2021.
Latest News From MAX IV
- First-year operational results of the MAX IV 3 GeV ring 2018/08/27
- Synchrotrons in Black and White 2018/08/23
- Science Village gets go-ahead to start construction 2018/08/16
Energy: 3 GeV
Current: 500 mA
Operational Beamlines: 6
Horizontal emittance: 330 pm rad
Vertical emittance: 8 pm rad
Call for proposals
The next call for proposals for beamtime at the 3 GeV ring during Autumn 2018 to Spring 2019 will be in February – March 2018. A call for commissioning experts for beamlines at the 1.5 GeV ring will open January 2018.
>Read more about other access routes