photo credit to Felix Gerlach
MAX IV Laboratory is a Swedish national laboratory providing scientists with the most brilliant X-rays for research. With more than 30 years of experience operating the MAX I-III facilities, it is now operating MAX IV, which was inaugurated 2016. Fully developed it will house more than 20 beamlines and welcome up to 2000 researchers per year.
- MAX IV welcomed first expert users in December 2015, the regular call for proposals started in August 2017.
- Ongoing construction and commissioning will bring the number of beamlines at MAX IV up to 16 by 2021.
Latest News From MAX IV
- Examining individual neurons from different perspectives 2021/09/02
- Unusual electronic properties taking shape 2021/06/13
- Riverine iron survives salty exit to sea 2021/04/01
Energy: 3 GeV
Current: 500 mA
Operational Beamlines: 6
Horizontal emittance: 330 pm rad
Vertical emittance: 8 pm rad
Call for proposals
>Read more about access routes
The catalogue of European Lightsources